Never did I go to DBKK,
Not to mention it's DBKL,
This morning was my first time stepping inside a DBKL site along with JJ,
Situated near the Jalan Raja Laut...
From what I heard from friends,
Myth No.1 - Nobody would pay the fine to DBKL,
But when I went inside the compound,
The queue to the payment counter was like,
TTTThhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssss long,
From ground level can queue until first floor...
I saw payee holding huge stack of fine bills,
Then I assumed there will be a large sum of money needed to be paid,
But I noticed that each of their bills cost only RM30,
After knowing this, my friend felt happy because he expected it to be RM50 fine...
After one and half hours of queuing,
It's finally our turn,
The receptionist surprised us by saying that the fine ticket costs RM150,
My friend was stunned for like 2.75s then the guy start scolding,
"Jalan buang masa lah, belakang ada banyak orang lagi, bayar cepat!",
With no choice, JJ confessed he got only RM100,
And luckily my wallet somehow got precisely RM50,
So we ended up fully utilized all our available resources...
After that,
We went to consult a woman-in-duties,
She said that effectively starting from 1 Jan 2011,
The bill costs RM150 if paid within 15 days of the fine penalty,
Then it subsequently costs RM200 after 15 days and RM300 after 30 days of payment,
Those people who paid for RM30 was for the bill which dated Jan 2011 and before...
I'm guessing that,
Since 1st of March when DBKL had finally linked with JPJ,
If we didn't pay the fine to DBKL,
DBKL will penalized us by submitting the reports to JPJ,
Hence causing us unable to renew our road tax,
So this is why the queue is very long,
People are starting to aware the threat of DBKL...
Luckily I did accompanied JJ,
If not I'm afraid that he might have to re-queue on another day,
That said, I like being the right person at the right time...
Next time please think before you park your car illegally,
Be alert to those DBKL-in-duties and try to park the car in a less noticeable zone,
This is what I learn today!