Monday, July 5, 2010

Paul the Predictor!

When I first heard from friends said that,
Octopus Paul is very pro in predicting world cup match...
The first thing came into my mind is,
Is this Paul really that pro? 100% accuracy wo,
And why he put his nickname as Octopus?...

Then I went to type his name in Google,
And shocked to find that HE really is an octopus!
So, how the hell did HE predict winners?

According to the internet,
He is now in the Germany aquarium,
His handlers will put two plastic boxes into the tank,
One attached with Germany flags and the other is opponent's flag!
Both box got one mussel,
Whichever box that Paul enters first is considered his pick for winner.

Sound very foolish right?
But so far he managed to predict five correct wins...
This is his current achievements:
  1. Germany O - Australia X
  2. Germany X - Serbia O
  3. Germany O - Ghana X
  4. Germany O - England X
  5. Germany O - Argentina X
O = The tank that Paul first went in.

The probability of successfully predicting correct outcomes,
Five times in a row is equal to 3.125%...
So, this has to be pure fluke!
What do you think?










When I first saw this image in the internet,
I wanted to !@#$%^&* this Octopus!
But for now,
I just wondering how far can this "PAUL" go...
Let's just wait and see!